Friday, May 15, 2009

Angels & Demons


So faith is random?
- Robert Langdon, Some top-selling novel

So what is really random faith? Haphazard, erratic conviction? Optimism? While I ponder emptily on this question too big to fathom on a hazy afternoon, I feel queasy, not sure if this is what I should be calling pre-departure excitement? I'm five nights away from spending the next 12 hours cramped within a seat many thousands of feet above sea level, with only a meagre seat belt as protection against air pockets, lousy inflight entertainment, rude air stewardess, and a pilot with a fake accent. But I'm going to France!

Then it's Munich, and road trip in the UK. Camping, lots of nights of french folly, champagne and church ceremony, throw in a Yorkshire slang there, and we got it all covered to start with. I still am feeling nervy.

Maybe it's that I got friends over tonight and I know I need to mop / vacuum the house. I got laundry to fold. My erhu examination preparation is getting engagingly challenging, I am uploading too many photographs for Perth through MSN which is ultra slow, my two dogs won't be seeing me for two months, and the backpack isn't really packed, no?

So all right. Sweaty palms? Checked. Twitchy feet? Checked.

And we continue with I still need to get that jump drive that keeps eluding my grasp, an extra battery for my camera, I got the blank notebook (checked, checked) and my passport is in my drawer. I got my medication.

It's really two months only. I am such an orange!

(note - I'm not really making any common sense now)

A Chinese wedding to attend tomorrow night. Ang pow (checked). Need to call another couple of friends. Monday got me meeting my erhu teacher for the bag. Tuesday, so far nothing. Wednesday - drop the dogs off and head off to Seremban. Airport that evening.

Incoherent. Babel. Must. Stop. Now.