Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mack Is Back (No?)


He who does not travel does not know the value of men
- Some Moorish proverb

Before you gasp, no that is not my son. Although he did ask me to go to bed with him (you will have to check my future posts for this one). That's Louis from Strasbourg and he's one man that quite charmed my socks off only to give me the cold shoulder at a wedding party later. Well, blame it on DNA!

Yes, I am back from my 2-month sojourn on the other side of the world. I think I am finally coming around my jet lag. Some things I think I'll share (they sprung to mind) but do keep tab on this site - plenty to share with (good news!) some photographs (took > 3,500) that did turn out quite wonderfully:

1) Everybody wants a piece of you. They all want to hear "all" about it.

2) You realise you only have 30 days counting to your music examination. And you panic.

3) Your dogs really do miss you (and remember you).

4) Thank God for mum-in-law's cooking (they tied us over upon landing).

5) Backpacking does get easier and more addictive!

6) I shall never travel without my instrument again.

7) Your backpack can (and will probably at least once) get stolen.

8) You will meet an idiot along the way but be showered with plenty of kindness everywhere.

9) Fresh linen does smell oh-so-good.

10) You can't take yourself overly seriously.

Thank you for checking this site out after my hitching off for so long. In between foreign keyboards and those that belonged to friends (which the "A" key didn't work), I think the next time, I will think about getting a net book to come along. But right now, we're back online and let's hope the yellow jersey stays with the Astana Team!

Viva Le Tour de France.