Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What Monster Sleeps Under Your Bed?

In my case, none?

Reason? The monster has hit again. I'm sleepless in Mumbai. Gosh, it sounds so bad that I don't think I can even cut it for a book cover!

I have less than three hours to pretend I should be sleeping for my 0430 hours auto pick-up and I'm already deliberating if not sleeping should be a better option.

Maybe it's the conversations I had today. Maybe I'm worried about returning "home" in case that I may not be able to fit back into "old shoes". Maybe I'm concerned that many original faces will find me odd now.

No, I'm not running off to an ashram nor am I renouncing Malai kulfi. Maybe India has opened my eyes to the wonders of a vegetarian lifestyle by choice? Maybe I am enamoured by the power of Ayurvedic healing. Maybe I am encouraged by the fact that you can speak out against wearing dead animal skin. Maybe I am, for once, braver than I thought I was. Maybe taking a conscious step away from the easy lure of the 9-9 rat race once we resettle back to "routine" despite the offerings of a regular pay cheque and retirement benefits is the answer. Maybe I do really want to throw myself in a more heavily involved schedule with animal work. Maybe I should not procrastinate anymore and sign up for that domestic animal degree, or take further tutelage in photography?

Maybe play more music? Create more enduring memories through my coffee table books and dig up some of those special DVDs that my good ol' Mac had churned out? Maybe cook a new recipe every day?

We're already holding hands more often, we're talking deeper, maybe now it's time to do that with myself.

Who knows where that maybe may lead to?