Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bungkus Syria

You know what they say about acting and getting photographed next to kids and baby animals?
Add in negotiating retail price on that too... 

Classics, found every corner in the old city 

Misty day up at the Crusaders' fortified garrison - very impressive 

Now I'll spare you all the historical details
(my dear readers, I know you are super resourceful and can't think of boring you with details that I know you know!)
but at this rate, yours truly was quite zonked out in her travels and senility was probably setting in...
See how I was ignoring the grandeur of things surrounding me and thought posing
with a cookie was far more thoughtful and stimulating?

Yep, pretty much gone case by now... trying to re-enact what an invading Ottoman
would see should he made it through the shower of arrows and scaled up the wall...
In case you wonder, that was a torchlight in my hand 

Couldn't give a hoot what the trust fund tourists were talking behind my back
and my Italian and German weren't that up to scratch to care anyhow! 

In the end, it was just all too much!