Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hot Air Balloon Love


I think that I might fly away, in my hot air balloon
And hide from worldly worries on the dark side of the moon
There's but one thing I need before I float into the blue
I need a sky companion and I want it to be you


We'll fly beyond the storm clouds and we'll watch from up above
I'll cover you in rainbows as we feel each others' love
You'll shower in the stars at midnight in our special place
I'll dry you with a comet's tail and kiss your beaming face



Dreamy drifting panorama, changing every day
Every night your loving smile will be my Milky Way
The moon will wane before us, sailing there in heaven's height
For nothing else can challenge our love's everlasting light


Venus shining on us, glowing soft at our devotion
Our daily drifting dalliance in love's celestial ocean
I'll write you lovers' poetry and you will be my muse
Orion and Andromeda will oversee our cruise


We'll sleep with clouds as pillows, maybe steal an angel's wings
Then fly as magic lovebirds, or slide round Saturn's rings
And should we tire of drifting and the stars all floating by
We'll hook onto a meteor and soar across the sky 




Will you consent to be my mate on our celestial ship?
I'm ready, heart all packed with love, to last us for the trip
Take my hand and step aboard, we're heading for the sun
We're flying till we find the place where our two souls are one.

- Graeme King