Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby Fun 2.5!


Well, a lot has happened since our last post. For starters, the weather pear-shaped and then super days of winter warmth set in with the arrival of one of my favourite uncles - No.1! Of course I was spoilt rotten by my Uncle B and Aunt Vicki from Perth with lots of cute outfits, cuddles, guitar serenades and they even babysat me on a Sunday night so that mama, papa and Uncle No.1 could go out for some pint at the local!

Although I think I may have made Uncle B and Aunt Vicki a tad too tired with the amount of poo and pee that my system had administered that night. Needless to say, I enjoyed every moment of the changing table and I loved their attention. Ah, life as a baby is gooooooddd!

My Aunt Sophie, who couldn't visit from Sabah had my Uncle No.1 ran through some practice before my Cousin "Roland" arrives. Thought it was quite a hoot to take Uncle No.1 through my usual early morning chats, a poo change in between, a sip of milk there, another poo change again, and then we went basking in the backyard with Tommy and Chewy. That entire week saw mama and I taking Uncle No.1 out to the Manly Wharf Bier Haus for some sun, sip of the brew, and too much of pork a plenty for a dish. This was definitely a notch up from my Japanese dinner outing at two weeks old. We even managed to do a full cart of grocery shopping and watched a game of rugby with papa home. That week, my sleep pattern was quite the topsy turvy - so much happening in the house! I just absolutely wanted to be in the action, mama had to cuddle me in her arms and whisked me off to my cot for my much needed sleep... but I knew papa and Uncle No.1 were chatting downstairs, so I decided to pull my best giggles and well, mama couldn't resist my charms and we sat and talked a bit more. She told me a bedtime story of the possums and our dogs. Sigh, will have to wait for tomorrow I guess!

My first Yum Cha outing! 

Okay, not funny now.. quit the dumpling tease!

That weekend we went to visit Uncle Ravi, Aunt Usha and their children at Rhodes. We stopped by to join the mad hour of dim sum and Pu Er tea. I wolfed down my milk but wondered how all those dishes of duck, wobbly steamed bits and funny pork buns would taste to a bub like me. It was incredibly busy but I just sat back and enjoyed the attention from passer-bys and the odd waiter. Pink never looked this cute!








With Uncle No.1's visit coming to an end, so began the world of 3 + 2 = Myla, mama & papa + Tommy and Chewy... equals one happy, chaotic household that usually descends into some feral moments when Tommy senses an imaginary possum climbing the backyard tree. We got into papa's one-week paternity leave very quickly. Soon enough, we were roaming around town, checking out open houses, going for some shopping, they got to do some boring paperwork like filing in their annual income tax, I got heaps of attention and love my bath time (although I did work my lungs out when papa bathed me the other day, sorry!) Papa attended my mummy & baby group, we went to the Mudgee Food and Wine Festival at Balmoral Beach. I reckoned the jazz band was rather inventive although I had no idea how the wines were but judging from mama and papa, they looked pretty happy enough!



Hic! Milk drunk :)