Friday, February 24, 2012

Anytime Is Good Christmas Time


For starters, I was mighty chuffed that I got to fly back to Malaysia to meet my extended big family of grandparents, great-grandmother, grand uncles and aunties, uncles and aunties, first cousin (I love you cuzzie Vishnu!) and other "older" cousins (basically papa's cousins that are too young for me to call uncles or aunties!) and friends.

Must say that I was quite the big in-flight flirt and we even got the air hostesses to lavish plenty of smiles and nibbles for me. Wish I can say the same for my parents but you know airline food - makes me wonder why my mama is so excited about them... weird!

The wheels did fall off the wagon in our big transit flight via Singapore and by the time I reached grandparents' home in Senawang, it was midnight Sydney time and I thought it was understandable that I shed a few big tears. Grandparents went out to pull some big stops on the creature comforts and I got a new bed, pillows and toys, and mozzie netting, oiled door hinge (so as not to wake my beauty sleep) and bath tub with all the yellow duckies!

Time passed too quickly but it was always the case when you caught up with too many people that you longed to see for far too long you haven't. Plenty of pressies and kisses, food and the odd wet nappy.

As late as this is, I just want to wish you all a blessed year and may your days be blessed with the wonderful joy that I have experienced in my first Christmas, each and every one of them all the way to the next yuletide season.

Lots of love,
Myla