Friday, February 24, 2012

Sunny Days of Summer 2012


Summers bring back plenty of meanings to people. Today, irrespective of which climate you live in, we are all driven by the mass media to reflect and react to the passing of seasons. I just had my first summer outside of the comfort of mama's womb and it was filled with a lot of wonderful memories, making new ones, getting new ones and as they do say that a picture paints a thousand words, here is a snapshot of the many sweet stories of my first ever escape in a sunny childhood...

Family time first!
Summer dips in the pool with papa, always a chance to make a funny face!


With my Malaysian grandparents, Mutacha in a sarong (great for the hot & humid weather!)
and gleefully chuckling as Achama told me that she'll bring me to buy ais kacang - Shhh! Don't tell mama and papa!

With my great-grandmother in Cheras, a three generational shot
- wish Achama was here though, then it would have been four!
ps: Check out the tattoo, rock 'n' roll grand, grand paati! (Ammama)

In my grand uncle's arms thinking "ok, are you reading my soul?"


With my Penang chericha (also affectionately known as "beer acha", hmm I wonder why?)
and amayee who gives the best cuddles in that part of the Northern Hemisphere!

My dear, dear tata Sophie reading me my evening stories

With my other favourite aunt in Perth, Auntie Vicki who dishes out the best cuddles in WA!

With my grandparents from Perth, celebrating my first CNY - the year of the water dragon, roaaarr!!

You mean I get to use my ang pow money for that new iPad2? All of it? WOW!!!


And then there were plenty of lazy days of just pigging out...


With my favourite cuz, Vishnu Anthony... look at him flexing his biceps at me
while shooting a french smoldering look over!

And then there were plenty of fun activities...

Reading is fun!

EPL season!

The joy of fun days in the water and sun!

Snooze time.

What I can do when papa is not around...

The world according to chocolate is nice :)



It's become fashionable to go away on a yoga retreat you know?

Humouring mama on one of her episodes again...

And now it's my turn!!


Pre-bedtime ritual cuteness.



Hanging out with my girlfriends :)

Gee, you reckon this is on tap?

Tea time fun!

Keeping Uncle Andrew's arms full.

Chloe's interpretation of the Twilight Saga.

Juliette and I on our overnight flight back via Singapore.


And the summer fling... the boyfriends (yes, it's a plural noun!)

 Two very happy campers here...

 Again, chilling out on a picnic day by Bronte!

 Oh, that first kiss... an unforgettable summer!

 And papa thought KJ was only coming over for dinner!

Yes, to think only 8 months ago, I was all that small!