Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bunaken: One Of Those Days


When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Germany

I still don't get it but somehow I get it. It's one of those mornings when you just get up feeling like a 3-tonne truck did you a lovely favour by running onto you last night unknowingly, and in some unexplainable fact, you feel this urge to put on the saddest, most melancholic songs that make you reminisce about absolutely nothing.

Get it? With me?

So I did what any self-respecting woman will do. Write a blog entry.

Distraction, after all, is such an underrated notion. So where I am - mulling over it for days but finally decided before I hit the road again (yes! Travel is the very essence coursing through my veins), I know I will come back with some interesting images and experiences that I can share with you from a place that I have been twice, but this time - it's done differently. I shall reveal the location in my following entries but right now, promise that I am putting work into this particular travel as it will set the tone and note for the consequent travels that I'll be doing with my best beloved partner in life - oh, the fun, the good, the bad, the ugly... bring 'em on!

And where was I? Yes, I thought I should share with you what I had observed as quite a bit "off-the-beaten" categories which basically reads the non-norm, yet hauntingly beautiful as they lazily covered the stunning acreage of the undersea, swinging melodically with the current, holding in pristine balance amongst the corals, I give you the other side of Bunaken National Park...















We were given the salutary farewell by over 20 dolphins (more I think) as our tiny little boat made its way back to the mainland on the day we were due to fly back to reality (literally crash, as on the way we hit a real bad air pocket and I thought my time was up... seriously - it was dramatic, kind of like Passenger 54 style, or was that Flight 54? Thanks Hollywood B-grade!)

Anyway, between rummaging on the shallow reef and trying not to get stung and die like a fish out of water, I bid you a great week ahead, and until you hear from me again, which will be at the next location out of the country, I give you the most coveted sea urchin design that I would want for my eventual home...