Monday, January 4, 2010

My Best Shots Of 2009





Many felicitations for a new year.

You may have checked out my previous best shots collected to commemorate a year's observation in January 2009's entries. Entering a young 2010, I looked back at this year and marveled at the different tones set by a wonderful 365 days of meeting new faces and trying out strange things. This entry summed up amongst the many huge impact events that wrote the pages of 2009 in my life and in the barest of backpacking one can get, I had found the greatest comfort and challenge from the assortment of individuals on the path that we met.

I got asked many times "how did you take that photograph?" - the cheeky answer inside my head was "with my old little E510 companion?"...

But in truth, I was blessed with many great models who made it an honour to capture what I would sum up for 2009:

A year that opened up the biggest classroom of my life.

A year that reaffirmed the more you learn, the more you have yet to learn.

A year that you get back to basics and enjoy the simple joys of a genuine "hello" and "bye".

A year to meet others beyond your world, where strangers exchange curiosity about one another.

A year that will never be another one, and one that took me to extreme corners that hid the most raw, unassuming beauty, hardened only by the harshest of life's extremities.

So my dear friends, enjoy the diamonds that I have unearthed from the long dusty lanes along a simple person's travels. Many cheers and here's to what 2010 have in store! Just got to get out there!