Friday, December 31, 2010

Where Would You Be This Year?

Thanks to Nap. Hill, I want to ask you to join me in examining ourselves carefully and solemnly fill that glass with your brew, straighten your elf jacket, tip your hat forward, and toast to yourself to banish at least one if not all of these alibis that do nothing but limit our fullest potential in the next 365 days. Just think, imagine, the things you can do if you just stop believing these rubbish!

IF I didn't have a partner and family...
IF I had enough "pull"...
IF I had money...
IF I had a good education...
IF I could get a job...
IF I had good health...
IF I only had time...
IF times were better...
IF other people understood me...
IF conditions around me were only different...
IF I could live my life over again...
IF I did not fear what "They" would say...
IF I had been given a chance...
IF I now had a chance...
IF other people didn't "have it in for me"...
IF nothing happens to stop me...
IF I were only younger...
IF I could only do what I want...
IF I had been born rich...
IF I could meet "the right people"...
IF I had the talent that some people have...
IF I dared assert myself...
IF I only had embraced past opportunities...
IF people didn't get on my nerves...
IF I didn't have to keep house and look after the children...
IF I could save some money...
IF the boss only appreciated me...
IF I only had somebody to help me...
IF my family understood me...
IF I lived in a big city...
IF I could just get started...
IF I were only free...
IF I had the personality of some people...
IF I were not so far...
IF my talents were known...
IF I could just get a "break"...
IF I could only get out of debt...
IF I hadn't failed...
IF I only knew how...
IF everybody didn't oppose me...
IF I didn't have so many worries...
IF I could marry the right person...
IF people weren't so dumb...
IF my family were not so extravagant...
IF I were sure of myself...
IF luck were not against me...
IF I had not been born under the wrong star...
IF it were not true that "what is to be will be"...
IF I did not have to work so hard...
IF I hadn't lost my money...
IF I lived in a different neighbourhood...
IF I didn't have a "past"...
IF I only had a business of my own...
IF other people would only listen to me...
IF _____ and this is the greatest of them all...

Gee, don't you get tired even just reading those excuses? And we all get a choice to not listen to ourselves making it anymore. Start today, make a positive difference for yourself.

You deserve that much.