Monday, October 24, 2011

Disruption - A Distraction Illusion?

I know, I know, before I even begin, I can agree with you that:

1. Have no idea how I came up with that title;

2. Not sure if I manage to say what I think I want to say; and

3. All of the above.

It has been a long while since I got on with the business of:

1. Shooting noteworthy photographs (in the span of time since my daughter joins my little world and expands it immensely, I have discovered that I have taken 1 (read: one) non-baby photograph, and that is not even posted at all here...

2. Covering banal observations of the world around me; and

3. All of the above.

OMG.

Have I just committed myself to a repeating robot that is slowly but surely degenerating to the level of communicating in numerically led sentences?

Perhaps I have turned into an inward, self-fascinated mother / discoverer / fluctuating sugar level hungry homo sapien / sporadic sleep satisfied / deliriously in love with baby smiles blogger that used to have a career out of annoying locals around South Asia to North Asia, spanning across to the Centrals and back to the Middle East?

And after all that, I still found myself torn between upgrading to a spanking Nikon D3 or Canon 5D Mark II, or should we forward to adding an 's' and another 'I' if you are into that sort of drift. I am still blissfully ignorant in committing to a decision between Lightroom and Aperture. I was so out of touch that I forgot they don't even stock the boxes in-store anymore and I can get free 30-day trial online. Go Steve Jobs, R.I.P.!

All right I will confess - I did have coffee and wine today.

Anyway, it is one of those crazy weeks just when you sort out a plan, it is time to toss it out of the window again. One thing I learn about my motherhood is that when you think you have scraped the bottom of the barrel, you always amaze yourself that you never realise that depth of patience you have in you just seem to surface and stop you from running out of the house, hollering on top of both lungs in a fashion akin to an angry elephant shot on the ass with some painful red dart that hangs around with that annoying red feather ending...

And when I could not think beyond one day and am bravely putting one foot ahead of another like a bound captive making her way down the plank above shark-infested waters, I flick up the iPhone and am reminded again...

... of all the reasons that this is so damn worthwhile.


 So which ale should I go for this round?


I love you mama, thank you for making my butter banana custard saute... YUM! 

 Oh the tummy? No worries, I did 400 crunches before breakfast this morning!