Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Should Feel So Lucky


And I do! I do!

As I look down at the last bit of vanilla drizzled Kellogg's K-bar on my top, I thought to myself "ah, how lucky!" - I had two of those since woofing down (read in order): a chocolate protein shake, a 6-inch seafood dreamy Subway, and a mega muscle builder (just strawberries, bananas, soy milk and low-fat ice cream whip). Those K-bar yummies still tasted delectable!

I got whacked today. You probably could tell from how I go about eating in a shot... kind of like a zombie on revenge huh? My body bemused me. I've never really been a big appetite person but boy do I love my gourmet indulgence. So this episode was rare. However I like to stretch the fact that it was all pretty healthy. Sigh... after all the hard work, I seriously don't want to waste all those effort, sweat, blood and feel-good rush!

I punch 1500 today. In one shot. And I sling up to 3000 for the day. I did the run sprint km (broke my previous record, woo hoo!) / bike sprint 1km (missed my previous PB by 2 seconds, boo boo!) / 500m row (I wanted to puke). I did full squats with weights today amongst the other usual suspects. For 2 hours, I pushed myself as if I was running away from the advancing barrage of Leonidas and his 300 (on that account, maybe I should join them instead?).

It's the eve of another long holiday week typical in this country. There will be copious amount of sinful delights to whoop down, with all these eating and drinking around (and that's only at the last night for those observing the fasting for their faith!) and temptations in the form of shopping... "darling, I think we do need another silver dish for those banana fritters with coconut cream and caramel drizzle when the Razaks come to visit..." Bum, bum, bum...

And we, knowing the battle at Thermopylae (heee! It's our local gym lah!) we still soldiered on! I am so proud of my man. He kicked ass, a real machine. He is my real life inspiration. I am very lucky to be surrounded by so many good reminders to not quit. You may not come first, but you must finish. No ifs, no buts. So punisher I am not (working on that) but finisher (and a fine one at that!) I am.

I am lucky because as tired as a sleepy beast as I am, I feel good enough to go for another session tomorrow. Body probably isn't willing but my heart is big on it.

I am lucky because I am still racing against myself in 3 x 2-hour wipe out sessions weekly. I see many others who are battling their own struggle with the unkind remains of a stroke, trying to regain back mobility amongst me in the cardio area, and I say a quiet prayer of thought and thanks.

I am lucky because a power nap actually makes me more human again tonight!

I am lucky that hubby is making a delicious lamb stew tonight (I heard it's Moroccan, not sure if he's going to dress up).

I am lucky that the dogs had just stormed back from day care with their love for me.

I am lucky that I am just me.