Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm A Junkie

When you hit upon something really good... not just a "feel good" but seriously changes how you feel and think, you hold on to it.

You feel superb because of it. Your body thank you for it. Your mind loves you for it. Heck, even your dogs look at you differently because you seem, well... the better because of it. You look at your mirror image and you see power, strength, trust, belief, and determination.

Motivated, you bounce off from the platform back to normality and then you realise that being a fitness junkie does include more than pumping full squats with iron. You come to question yourself.

You think you're fit enough? Think again. You can always work harder.

You aren't sure that you can do it? You find yourself telling yourself back that you just need to do 2 x 10km and a one-time 3 x hill intervals (non-stop ya?).

You are disappointed that those guns aren't looking more popped. You tell yourself to be patient.

You want to think ahead. You tell yourself to concentrate on the game plan at sight.

You get distracted by me-too's that irritated the hell out of your day. You cheerlead yourself to focus on your own race (after all, making them eat your dust is the best kak kak!).

You realise you aren't perfect. Then you tell yourself that you are a good person at heart, others can judge whatever you say or think or act - let amongst you to cast the first stone if... get it?

What I have discovered that I can do 2-hour kick-ass cardio every alternate day (and improve upon every session) plus big boys weight lifts. I keep the inertia going with self sessions in between. I get moving out of the house, run the fields. I make excuses to not chicken out from the rain so I can do at least a full loop (okay, it was only a warm-up today as the thunder threatened to fry me up!). I want to go pump those guns. Strength is sexy. Sweating it out, taking care of my health is sexy. Feeling fitter than I had been compared to 10 years ago is super sexy!

And I am doing this for self gratification. The image is of one of my favourite inspirations. Anna-Rina is her name and junkie is her game. It feels good to wish another female compatriot well in the journey towards a stronger self-discovery. One of true substance, laughter, self appreciation, and most of all... to many more years of pure healthy living. Also to Mighty Sherry - you rock! You don't let fasting, kuih-muih, kids and a busy schedule blast you off your track. You keep the momentum up. A quiet little lady who lifts 150kg and finishes her machine circuit within 30 minutes holds me respect. You guys are truly my lighthouses!

Cheer for us, y'all! I'm hitting the circuit session tomorrow to beat my run / bike sprint / row and weights from the last session. Feel the burn, feel it!

Or... like I say always, "last chance!".