Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beyond The Obvious


The wisest mind has something yet to learn.

- George Santayana, USA

Learning can be an uplifting experience when it is built upon something that you have a previous knowledge on. Notwithstanding the learning of something new, unraveling what you already knew and think you did, and then adding on to it is equally gratifying.

Remember somewhere down the line somebody (or if you heard it over some conversation in the underground tube) that if you work on your passion, then you never live to work another day?

In my simple world, I translate and apply that to learning. In this new chapter of my life, the only struggle I find is to maintain a healthy balance between my writing, my painting, and my music. As if being pulled out of a void, I find that I have so much to achieve, everyday... I work on adding on what I knew and challenge what I thought I knew. I just took a break from my music (analysing some scale movements!) to write this - I still have not obtained the answer, my mind is still puzzled by what I read, but I am definitely entering new grounds. I think I am seeing beyond what I thought I knew, and applying one way of doing something to another to produce, in the end, something that pleases the senses.

I reflected too what I was being told yesterday. It is time to take off those shutters and unfold the blinds around my eyes. I have deflected opinions about my pursuing this bohemian choice of life. My anger drives me to prove these people wrong.

But really, is it really worth it? Perhaps I have not stopped to ponder upon my actions, but again, maybe I didn't want to see. I was just too blinded by the pain from the comments and jeering.

I will play to please myself now. My notes will sound as my heart wishes them to be.

I will paint as my strokes eventuate themselves. The secret languages of my art will reveal in their own time.

I will write from the joy within myself. I will, just write... because it is just because.