Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Forecast


A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
- Muhammad Ali, USA

He's got to be one of the greatest, if not of them all. And he made Will Smith looks good playing him! So what do you say?

It's been a week of Oscars upscale, upsets, upending events, unsolicited attention (yeah, that's you Mr. Rourke) and a lot of real estate website search for me. I didn't catch the glitzy event live on television but I did finish a marathon Cantonese series and finally moved on to The Tudors now. Quite a continental change but all the same, after all, didn't Hong Kong inherit some of the colonial pom? The excitement, which I can't believe started when I finally got through to calling one particular university in Melbourne and got a speaking person (as opposed to that dreaded voice on the machine).

I'm still waiting for the crazy enrollment season to be over in March for my answer. What? Stay tuned for more as updates come in.

While I see myself moving on to the more statistical stage of analysis on property prices including rental and suburb comparisons. I've located the furniture rental shops as well as those who sell them. I've located cars and prices. I've located the State's biking and car licensing departments. I've located the council's reference on pet policy and protection (they actually have a 36-page code of ethics for pets) and I already simply think that next January is too long a 9 months to be!

Which is the reason that there is a huge possibility that I will move to the land of promises earlier. Of course there is Bunakan Island and then Europe to conquer prior to that move. I love how all these seem squeezed so tightly together yet feel so possible to achieve. I feel supercharged and alive. I feel positive. I feel blessed that I have such a steadfast and loving partner with me, to spur me on, to never let me settle for anything less than I am capable of.

I'll be hitting my first numerical in the 30s. At 31, I look back at my twenties, and boy, what a ride it had been!

So guys and gals. I wish you well. Until next Friday forecast and encapsulation, I ask of you to pack it all up, it's beer hour and head out for the weekend! Take to the trees and lakes!