Friday, February 20, 2009

Sans Siesta Superback!


Honey, how do you avoid the oil splatter bomb around the kitchen?
... I just use the pan cover ...
oh...
- Conversation between man and wife, Author's home

Back and refreshed from a Valentine's Day weekend getaway. Our jungle escape was immensely rewarding and we did what many decent couples will do in our situation - eat, laze, trek, and laugh a lot, especially when we were trying to swim underneath a gigantic (not to mention stupidly strong) waterfall. The place we lived in was peace defined. A glass / steel house that took after the natural environment and we indulged in having the green foliage as our wall paper for two days. I learned how to make a fire and sustain it. We shoo-ed mozzies away but I did a lot of screams that my dear hubby took in good stride. After all, he was a scout and a good one at that. But the most precious thing that we did was to connect at a different level, away from the city smog. And yeah, the chinese sausage fried rice in the sleepy town was damn good too...

And return to the city we did. It was a lot of sweating it off (the good food we cooked up in the fire) and also sorting out a lot of "what-I-want-to-do-with-my-life" thoughts. I think getting out into the jungle really put you in a beneficial position to rethink about whether you are on the right path, having the right goals, and most of all, whether you are doing it in the most simplistic manner possible.

We went to the wet market this morning. Marriage sure feels wonderful when your man is there because he wants to, not because he has to. He wants to be cause it's his self-conviction, not because it was external persuasion. And those tiber rosa and oriental lilies smell damn good in our room too. Those, are also from the market.

It's Valentine's Day today because I was walking out from the market, in my favourite blue summer dress, and my hubby next to me, our week's worth of chook, fish, veggies, and my bouquet in hand.