Thursday, February 5, 2009

Girls (And Baldies) Just Want To Have Fun!


If it's not fun, you're not doing it right.
- Bob Basso, USA

I was just looking back again on the past two years. They had been the most chaotic, noteworthy, singularly most outstanding 24 months of my life. I laughed, cried, got excited and panicked, found peace, learned new things, and found out that sometimes the old can be revived like long-lost friends yet some are meant way past their expiry dates (like friendships that get you exhausted).

Thousands of kg of laundry had been done (and survived). We tried to eat lots more fish and greens, but we also ended up eating more meat however you spin it! Drank my fair share of wine, took up a quota for beer limitation and this cardinal rule will only be broken when top quality beer turns up (like when we end up in Belgium later this year!).

Had boat loads of fun in the battle of lanes when both sides of our folks turned up for a bowling "tournament". I even got a double! Watched less movies in the cinemas (which can only mean one thing...), went skinny dipping, finally ending my long standing desert search to do scuba diving, got lots of hugs and smiles. Got lots of love.

I hope that I have made the last 24 months mean something special for others too. I had travelled so much, seen more than I could think of in that time frame, packed and unpacked (and still going!) many a luggage, listened to many LPs (old ones too, like Lisa Stansfield right now - All around the world... let's get up and groove!), abstained from sins (you know what they are), whipped up favourite meals, and that I hope too that my dogs know that I love them endlessly.

Boy, was it one damn good ride.