Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TRAVELINSPIRE: You Can Do More!











Oh, but dont' I?

Definitely, I feel almost stupendously energetic. My typing skill has degenerated to the level of a three-year old (no, correction... I think a three-year old will kick my ass) yet it still doesn't matter. I feel good! I feel really, really awesome!

Just like the day we stumbled into this orchestra in Tours. Okay, you have your typical children ensemble with all the budding players blowing you out of your seat because they are just so hideously talented (that makes you want to kill them because you're old and counting, and you are nowhere near as their level!) but what caught our eye was this - an entire (think Big Band style) band with instruments made out of steel, iron, empty glass bottles, fire canisters, and nuts, blots, screws and ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls. You have The Symphonie Mecanique.

Mind blowing stuff. The day's heat was egg well done searing, and I was honestly, thinking I was out of my mind to stand in the sun without a hat. Luckily the sunblock did its job but man, was it worth every effort to stand in the front row. Isolated sounds of hunks and tonks made complete audible sense when the band threw their tempo and rhythm together. Got to be seen to believe!

So why am I all kicked up? I kicked butt today. My own butt. I worked myself to a point that I was amazed that I carried weights that I never fathomed I could. I sweated real good. I punched 700 fast and furious punches. I launched kicks at that padding visualising someone deserving got it real nice.

In short, endorphin effect. Exercise. So worth it.