Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Food Diary: The Dirty D Word


The only time to eat diet food is while you are waiting for the steak to cook.
- Julia Child, USA

And so I found that poor, miserable looking Granny Smith staring back at me. I mentioned that I will start to look up my food shots and surprisingly, dug up some yummies. Although I did nothing of searing up some juicy moo on the pan last night (we went Japanese instead, the sinful selection "tempura, yes, sashimi - next time!), I would probably not demean my poor little green apple to the status of a creature (yes) less than the worth of quenching the lust for fat, sugar, and salt.

I suggest that you slice them up for your decadent grilled honey chicken with greens, sprinkle a generous amount of pine nuts, crack open a bottle of Dienhard's Reisling 2007.

And if you're luckier, you may even get some compliments for that ingenious green apple addition.