Thursday, January 15, 2009

Food Diary: Juggle The Balance


Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
- Fran Lebowitz, USA

Not to worry, I am not embarking on turning this blog into a diet-centric one-stop nail-in-your-heart centre. Nothing more boring, in my own opinion.

Balance. That word, usually found in all food and dietary literature. Walk down the aisle and turn to the "self help", you get your Deepak Chopra and the likes, propagating about the balance of mind, soul and all of the world's wealth will be yours!

Is balance a matter of the equilibrium of two matters? Is balance as simple as tweaking the tonality of a photograph to achieve eye-pleasing effects? Is balance a happy person?

I have decided to stop myself from going onto the third day of real estate reconnaissance, as I know I have been slacking on finding myself a place to stay in Holland in my Europe backpacking adventure later this year (I am convincing myself that I can sleep on one of the benches in the train station... that is how lazy I am!). Am I making balance?

Question is - can I?