Friday, January 2, 2009

It's "Soar"-ing Loud!


Love is trembling happiness.
- Kahlil Gibran, Lebanon

As I come to another day's end, the senses relaxed a bit, easing into a lower hum of the day's marching beat. I had been zipping from one place to another, running a cartload of grocery in between appointments from the moment I flung myself out of the front door... quite unceremoniously like an unwanted bag!

But how much delight one can derive from the known satisfaction that you get, such as the happiness from a tune that eluded you, yet only to be rediscovered? Yes, the inner philosophical dreamer has spoken again, and as cheesy as I may be allowed to be, it is quite, after all, a trembling kind of happiness.

Your mind strategized, your heart palpitated. You mustered up the courage, the discipline to plan out a path to acquire that love. After all, you don't really want to look back and wonder otherwise.

The object of my affection? A beautiful piece of wood, non-Northern facing side, carved out into a magical piece of instrument that proclaims such heavenly tunes, that to drink in the melodies is like to have died and lived for an eternity in paradise.