Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's the New Year All Right!


What's my Skype name?
- Vijay, Home

As we sit religiously by the single work table in our home office, like dedicated church-goers at the mew, setting up our iMac (that would be Yours truly) and the pre-loved MacBook Pro (my man). Yes, we saw it all last night, the fireworks, the oohs, aahs of the crowd below from the balcony, a feast fit for a village of gourmet tasters (in size definitely), and lots of delicious, simply honest red wine that did what they do best.

So what do overeaten, over-rested, dehydrated city folks do on New Year's day? Besides digging into Thai green curry fried rice, lots of water, 2 slices of ice cream (each) and finishing our books, it was basically making it as simple as it can be. I guess we are both of the entity that believe in not making too much of a fuss. Watching the fireworks last night was as close to getting to the "event's action" as we would, but does that make us boring too?

Seriously, who cares? Why should we make a special purpose out of a day just because it happens to be red marked on everyone's calendar? Supposedly we could lie by the pool side and contemplate about that. But that would be too lazy by some others' books, why not take the dogs out for a run?

Although I am giving some thoughts to selecting (thanks George Barr!) my top shots of 2008 and sharing them. These aren't selected because they could win competitions or get me paid. While migrating from my MBP to my iMac, I had the chance to go through the many thousands of photographs that I had the privilege to shoot over the course of a year. It'll take some thinking but I do like to have them on the soonest that I can make it.

So, watch this space. Until then, have a good year ahead!