Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dinner At Home


Bon Appetit!
- Vijay, Home

Dinner tonight was a scrumptious plate of fresh greens, pan friend salmon cutlets with a drizzle of lemon juice. Very healthy, very unlike the khaoya, jiaozhi, mantou, and all the xiaoche that we were used to a week ago. (Maybe a lamb cutlet could do right now on the contrary...) I'm battling a stomach bug now but I doubt that it's really anything to do with Beijing.

Today was also great in the sense that I met up with Simon, who along with BK with me forms the April first week babies fellowship. Funnily we are 2 days apart counting with BK, Simon, and then myself but of course, with Simon, we have to add another year! Simon and I fell off the loop about 2 years ago, just to give each other some space to (1) Him finding his own answers, and (2) Me stop telling him it's going to be ok.

But I'm glad that I got the last laugh as he handed me his and Grace's wedding invitation card for me and VJ to attend their dinner. Like I said Simmo, I said it's going to work out!

Vivien wishes to take an earlier leave from tonight's entry. Without disgracing herself with too much information, she has to go wage war against the tummy flu.