Sunday, December 21, 2008

They Don't Come Bigger Than This!


Tommy, no... (continues rubbing his bottom on the carpet).
- Author, Home

It amazes me to see how far things in life have gone within this year. As we all come to another closing of another year, I did what most would do - look back, reflect, be thrilled, be shocked... or to just open our eyes.

Right now, my little one, Chewy is lying down comfortably on my lap while I write this. The bigger one, Tommy (by age, not size) is strutting around in the living room, definitely up to some mischief. I can never feel happy enough having these two dogs in my life. They simply make the most tiring of days (such as today) seems so much more pleasant. They easily make some crude tiring old boss of yours who stole your overseas job posting seems less significant. They can definitely make me miss them immensely, such as tomorrow when I drop them off at the local puppy cottage for boarding before we take our yearly strictly no business call holiday. I am supposed to be going to Ubud to not think about things but I am suspecting that this is going to be a Herculean joke on myself. I think I will even assume the idyllic peaceful setting of the jungles will help my mind to think clearer? Think, think, think...

I need to rest, it's been a long day recovering from a nice evening hosting friends over, cooking and devouring wine, looking through albums and then waking up to two energetic dogs, getting over the flu-ish feeling in your nose, babysitting 4 kids, driving into high traffic town areas, heading to the gadget bee hive in the city and getting back here, eyes fused with lead and refusing to open. I think I will have to sketch out my story line tomorrow. The competition, I remember. And there is another one, I have to develop the shortlisted shots, but that means I have to shortlist them first.

Like they always say, live to die another day.