Sunday, December 28, 2008

Recovering Is Hard To Do...

Come, woo me, woo me; for now I am in a holiday humour, and like enough to consent.
- William Shakespeare, England

Already second day back and I am conniving on a plan to go back to Ubud, or at least in my head. I do not know what is affecting me this much but I am definitely experiencing big time withdrawal syndrome. I am playing my gamelan sabilulungan CD over and over, youtubing kecak dances, and just... plainly missing the easygoing spirit I found in Ubud.

Yes, I am behaving like a brat and luckily my lovely man is easing the crash back to reality with so much patience and love. Home cooked dinner, a sink-load of dishes being cleaned up miraculously (no, it took someone to do it and it's not me), lots of gentle hugs (at the moment, below the thorax as my shoulders are still burning!).

Unfortunately, I still am not having nice slumbers lost amidst the chirping of my resident gecko in Villa 25. Perhaps the subtle, subconscious worries of the modern city are flowing beneath the calm rest-up facade I brought back from my holidays.

I have never encountered this before. I am usually, the type that is completely insanely gung-ho about going away on a break and then all recharged, looking back to returning to reality and getting spent, then heading out to my next isolated getaway.

Maybe the spirits of the island have entranced my being!

I am possessed! I am possessed!

And it feels... actually good.

I have to go now, my CD is getting stuck in my player. I think it's going to die (no!).