Saturday, December 13, 2008

Found And Discovered


Sometimes you walk like an angel
Sometimes you walk like a man
Sometimes you crawl like a baby
Makes me forget who I am
Have you ever been held before
Like honey to the bee
I've never been held before
Like you hold me

You make me feel like a river
Like a water overflow
Want to shout it out from the mountain
Want to sing it on the radio
I'll sell my soul like a sinner
If it means you'll never go

I think the sun is finally rising
It's burning down because I miss you
I'm going to walk right through the fires
'Cos all I want to do is kiss you
Rain falls, won't wash this away
I'll build a stoneway to make you stay
- Kasey Chambers, Australia

We woke up this morning to go for a long run. The dawn air broke into our lungs with a clean wash of yesterday's bore. No words, just steady foot in front of another until we completed the loop up the hill home. You live to learn that no matter how many things you get thrown at, some things remain unchanged - like how you feel for each other. How sometimes a maybe high school dedication of a song to one another, watching a cheesy Bollywood movie brings secret jokes that only both of you understand, and then there is the time when you realise just how much you miss each other when you are back in each other's arms...